Most of us, at some times in our lives, need a bit of protection. Whether it's from a danger of being swamped under by the bad vibes of people surrounding you, from negative energy being directed at you, or just to create a safe environment whilst meditating, performing rituals or astral travelling.
This incense recipe utilises the natural energy of herbs and resins, carefully chosen for their protective properties. Once blended, sprinkle on hot charcoal when needed and store the remaining incense in a dark jar or bottle.
2 parts Frankincense
2 parts Copal
3 parts Myrrh
2 parts Juniperberry
1/2 part Anise
1/2 part Mugwort
1/2 part Yarrow
1/2 St John's Wort
Pinch of Angelica
Pinch of Basil
- Grind the Copal using a pestle and mortar until it looks like small pieces of gravel. Place in a large container.
- Grind the Frankincense if it needs breaking down and add it to the container with the copal.
- Grind the Myrrh using a pestle and mortar, add it to the container.
- Grind each of the herbs in turn using the pestle and mortar, to
break the outer coating and release the energy. Add each one to the
container with the resins.
- When all the herbs and resins have been ground and added to the
container, stir the contents with your hands. As you stir, close your
eyes and picture the smoke from your incense burning on the hot charcoal. As the smoke reaches just above your head, feel it spread out around, but not touching your body. You have built yourself, in essence, an invisible shield, totally encompassing your body. Once you feel safe inside your smoke bubble, open your eyes - your incense is ready to use.
Using Your Incense
See how to use charcoal discs
Top your hot charcoal with a teaspoon of the incense, close your eyes and bring back into your minds eye the image of the smoke surrounding you. Once you feel safe, you are free to perform your ritual, astral travel or repel negative vibes.
Here are some products related to this article: