Essential oils capture the very 'essence' and energies of the plant it was
derived from. This energy can be harnessed and used to empower any spell
casting, charm bags, floor washes or other magical workings. The easiest
way to tap in to the power and energy of plants is to use essential oils
combined with a carrier oil to make an anointing oil. Anointing oils are
very adaptable, you can incorporate them into magical working in many ways.
Here is a good recipe for making your own 'Angel' anointing oil.
An ideal anointing oil for increasing psychic awareness, contacting the spirit
realm or for bringing peace into an area.. Add a few drops of oil to sachets or charm bags. For
divination work, or any type of psychic work, heighten your senses by adding a few drops of the oil to the water in the well of an oil burner,heating
the oil gently and releasing the energy into your work area.
- 3 Tablespoons of Grapeseed carrier oil
- 10 drops Rose (Dilute) Essential Oil
- 4 drop Jasmine Essential Oil
- 4 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
Place the carrier oil in a glass bowl or bottle (not metal - the oils will
- Add each of the essential oils to the carrier oil
- If you used a bottle, then put the cap on and gently roll the bottle
backwards and forwards between the palms of your hand, to blend the oil
- If you used a glass bowl, then using a glass rod, GENTLY stir the
contents together to blend.
- While you are blending the oils, close your eyes and picture in your
mind a stream of white light entering the oil you are working with.
- When you can't hold the image any longer, open your eyes and give a
final stir or roll.
- Pour the oil into a coloured bottle, preferably with a dropped
dispenser. although it's not critical for blended oils, essential oils
with deteriorate in light, so amber, blue or other dark coloured bottles are
preferable for storage.
- Label your oil for future reference and store in cool dark place.